The NICU at Mercy is equipped with the latest technologies to diagnose, monitor and treat newborn diseases and conditions. Our NICU provides most types of neonatal intensive care, with the exception of major surgery.
- Comprehensive care for all newborns, of any gestational age or birth weight
- High frequency ventilation and Inhaled Nitric Oxide therapy (advanced respiratory care)
- Pediatric subspecialist consultative services
- Pediatric surgery consultative services
- Advanced imaging including computed tomography, MRI and echocardiography
- Individualized teaching for parents to instruct them on any necessary specialized care that their infant may need after discharge