Department of Emergency Medicine
The Emergency Department at Mercy Medical Center is located on Calvert Street in Downtown Baltimore. The hospital’s Emergency Room phone number is 410-332-9477.
Emergency Room Parking
Parking is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in Mercy’s adjacent Bunting Garage, which is connected to the Main Hospital and provides access to the Emergency Room.
Emergency Room Drop Off
If need be, emergency patients can be dropped off at the front entrance of the Emergency Room. The drop off area is accessible from both Calvert Street and Pleasant Street. Patients should follow the red “Emergency” signs and turn into the Emergency Department drop off area.
Led by Dr. Stephen Schenkel, Mercy’s Emergency Department is staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by doctors and nurses trained in emergency medicine. Our team cares for both adults and children with illnesses and injuries that need immediate medical attention.
At Mercy’s Emergency Department we offer:
- Spacious waiting room, equipped with TVs and a children’s area
- Coverage and consultations by a team of specialists
- Individual monitoring and comprehensive diagnostic testing
- Triage of medical conditions and injuries
- Urgent care
- Forensic Nurse Examiners Program, offering treatment 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by trained forensic nurse examiners for:
- Sexual assault victims
- Victims of domestic violence
- Elder/institutional and vulnerable population abuse and neglect
Additional Content That Might Interest You